Sexy is a feeling, an attitude. Not a size, a look, an angle & not only reserved for sexual experiences…
I had created a poll in my stories on Instagram with the question
‘What holds you back from feeling sexy?!’
The responses to this last week blew my mind.
So many of us don’t feel sexy – like WAY too many. Some people saying they have NEVER felt sexy.
It’s not getting spoken about, sexy isn’t reserved for a certain body type, it is not a size, it’s not reserved to a certain age, it most certainly does not hinge on someone else’s opinion of you.
The top responses I had when asked ‘What holds you back from feeling sexy?”
•My weight – My body
•Self Confidence/ Mindset
•Not fitting the ‘mould’ of what sexy is.
•Body changes after becoming a mother – My postpartum body
•Not feeling desired by a partner/ validation
These were the top 5 with my body & weight being the number 1 response by far. So many hated their bodies, described their weight, postpartum body or aging body as to why they don’t feel sexy.
This is sad but not shocking.
Sexiness isn’t reserved for a particular body type or person.
Society has enforced this idea that sexy is all about our physical appearance alone.
How can we change this? I’m clearly no expert but some positive changes to the way we think about ourselves is a damn good start.
Feeling sexy again can take time but you can start with some self-love.
- Weight & body changes can be tough on the mind but compliment yourself on what you love about yourself not just the physical but the things you love about WHO you are.
- Make it a habit – tell yourself at least one thing you love every day.
- Look after yourself. Like really look after yourself – so many of us get caught up in life, work or motherhood caring for others but have stopped caring for ourselves.
- Think about when you last felt sexy – what made you feel that way? Often, we are happy in these moments, confident or wearing something that makes us feel good.
- Clothing can be powerful in the way we view ourselves. Wear what makes you feel sexy! Whether that’s a power suit or lingerie – remember there is no right or wrong.
- Take some time out alone exploring your body naked – discover what makes you FEEL REALLY GOOD
- Stop comparing – Sexy looks different on every-BODY. There is no right or wrong way to be sexy.
Remember you are SEXY & worthy of feeling it!
Here’s to us feeling sexy again.
Love Rose xx
Feel free to join the conversation, have you struggled with these feelings or lost that feeling in yourself?