Taking time out online and
getting the kids engaged in screen free, off-line play is so important, it’s easy to forget how much time they spend watching TV or playing on a device, especially when you are busy running around doing ALL THE THINGS. Activities that encourage screen free play don’t need to complicated or expensive, kids have amazing imaginations, so I’m making an effort to create fun activities for my kids in the most important playground in the world, our home!
We have the IKEA Pyssla beads and shape set and a very loved, worn Fabler Björn Teddy affectionately known in this household as `Boo Boo Ted’. Boo Boo Ted is well travelled and with his passport, has been with Scarlett on every holiday, spent countless hours being dressed up and celebrates his birthday in April each year.
With each item costing under $10 we have had hours of fun playing with these two simple toys.
With the Pyssla beads and shape set we decided to make Holiday decorations!
1. Use the Pyssla Shape set the create a decoration using the colourful Pyssla beads.
2. Be sure to leave a gap/hole in the decoration for string to pass through to hang later.
3. When the kids (or your own 😉) design is ready, cover the beads with baking paper and iron over them with an iron set to medium warm/hot for a few seconds, so that the beads melt together.
4. Let the bead shape cool after ironing. Place it on a flat surface, so it does not bend.
5. Take your decoration and thread some string through the hole you left (don’t worry if you forgot a hole punch works too)
6. Lastly hang your decorations up!
These look cute on a tree or around the home!
Pyssla beads and shape set were kindly gifted from IKEA Australia.
For more play ideas, toys and inspiration check out the IKEA website HERE